Floors are the unsung heroes of our houses: always underfoot, yet often overlooked. But there’s no denying the importance of choosing the right floor for your household since it needs to work with your lifestyle. But if you’re starting from scratch, how do you pick the right one? Trilogy is here to help simplify your selection process with a focus on flooring.
Before you start with the fun stuff like colors and style, it’s important to sit down and think about what the best type of flooring is for your daily life. Here are the top points to consider:
Another thing to consider is selecting different types of flooring for different rooms. For example, while you may appreciate the soft feel of carpeting throughout your home, it’s better to leave it out of rooms like the kitchen, bathrooms, and laundry room which are prone to moisture. Pick tile, wood, engineered wood, or laminate for these instead.
Once you’ve identified your flooring needs, the fun part begins. It’s time to choose which style and color of flooring suits you best. There are so many options out there to fit a wide range of budgets and tastes. Start with the Top 5 here!
1) Laminate: Made of a wood or tile photo with a particle board wood base. It’s not your grandma’s laminate! Today’s versions come a long way since they first arrived on the scene, and you’ll find modern options that offer a stylish, contemporary look paired with high performance that holds up against pets, kids, and life well-lived.
2) Carpet: Made of a variety of materials, from man-made to wool.
3) Tile: Made of different materials from clay to ceramic
4) Engineered Wood: Made of real wood layered over a plywood backing
5) Hardwood/Softwood Floors: These floors are made of organic materials from trees like oak, maple, walnut, birch, and even bamboo.
Still not sure what to choose? Consider some tips from one of our trusted local flooring experts: “Laminate is the most durable option. Engineered hardwood is a natural product so there are no pattern repeats in the flooring. Vinyl plank is very thin and brittle, so any movement in the flooring causes the click system to break.”
When it comes down to it, there are three important factors to remember when picking flooring: lifestyle, durability, and style. At Trilogy, we know how important it is to get things right the first time, especially when it comes to designing a home. It’s why we offer our clients the True Quote process, which helps build a budget to accommodate all your choices, from flooring to finishes. Contact us here to find out more!